The B. W. Robinson Memorial Endowment for the Neurosciences of the Tallahassee Memorial Foundation, Inc. announces that its annual Research Grants will be awarded in 2014. Grants up to $1500 will be awarded to FSU and UF graduate students/Ph.D. candidates for research in the neurosciences or fields that are related to Neurology or Neurosurgery.
Applications for the 2014 Award must be submitted via email: BryanRobinsonEndowment@tmh.org.
Put all information requested on 1 page; if more than 1 page is needed for any of the following, continue on page 7 and subsequent pages.
(1) Page One
- We request each award recipient (Grant or Honorable Mention) present the results of their research at the Bryan Robinson Endowment Dinner the following year (June 2015). An additional $250 honorarium is awarded for presenting your research findings. If there is an extreme hardship or if you have moved from the Gainesville or Tallahassee area, you may be excused if you desire.
- _____ Yes, I will present the results of my research at the Annual Dinner OR
_____ No, I cannot agree to present the results of my research at the Annual Dinner.
- It is understood that if you have moved from the Gainesville or Tallahassee area, you will be excused if you so desire. Furthermore, if there is an extreme hardship, you will be excused.
- You will receive $250 Honorarium for presenting your research findings.
- What are your long term plans?
- Where would you like to be in 10 and 20 years?
(2) Page Two
- Name & Address
- School & Department/Program
- Current Position
- Email address
- Date Submitted
- Photo of applicant (1 MB or less is sufficient)
- Curriculum Vitae
(3) Page Three
- Title of Research
- Name of Applicant
- Name of University
- Specific aims of research (hypothesis driven)
(4) Page Four
- Title of Research
- Summary of research including potential clinical significance in humans and/or applications
(5) Page Five
Letter of Recommendation sent directly from your Professor to the Bryan Robinson Endowment via email: BryanRobinsonEndowment@tmh.org. Should your professor be late in sending in the Letter of Recommendation, through no fault of the applicant, it is unlikely to disqualify your application.
(6) Page Six
Completed and sign IRS W-9 form - Find the form at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
If you are a foreign national, you must submit documentation of your INS status. Documentation you submitted to your university is acceptable.
(7) Page Seven and beyond: (This may be multiple pages)
This is for any of the above, which you could not submit on one page or anything else you would like to include such as previously published work. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered for the award.
Deadline: Midnight, on the night of April 1, 2014
The decision of the Scientific Committee is final.