Are symptoms of depression
interfering with your life? Depression is a very common medical condition, consisting of a wide range of symptoms that can have a negative impact on your life and keep you from where you want to be.
Ask yourself if you experience any of these symptoms on a regular basis:
- Trouble concentrating
- Low energy, fatigue
- Unexplained pain, frequent headaches
- Lack of motivation
- Feelings of isolation, not as involved with family and friends
- Crying, feelings of sadness
- Loss of interest in favorite activities
- Trouble sleeping
- Constant worry
- Feeling worthless or guilty for no reason
If you experience a sad, anxious or empty mood that lasts for two weeks or more, contact your healthcare professional or EAP.
For more information, visit our Health Library
or The National Institute of Mental Health