According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, an estimated 22 million Americans suffer from substance dependence or abuse. The Chemical Dependency Program at TMH is an accessible, affordable program for the outpatient treatment of addiction and dependency. We provide treatment for the dependence and/or abuse of:
- Prescription medications
- Opiates (e.g. heroin, opioid pain medications)
- Poly-substance abuse (multiple drug abuse and dependence)
- Codependence and family concerns
Treatment methods include:
Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Individual and family counseling
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Drug screening
Our Twelve Steps-based Intensive Outpatient Program, located in Tallahassee , meets in the evenings, which allows clients to continue in their usual routines with minimal conflict or interruption in the family and/or employment. The program meets Monday through Thursday, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., for a total of 16 sessions and offers the following:
- Group therapy sessions that give clients the opportunity to explore their feelings, talk about their struggles and learn positive coping skills
- Education about the biochemistry of addiction and relapse prevention
- Support and counseling for family members
- Weekly drug monitoring
- One individual counseling session each week (by appointment during the day)
- An aftercare program, for those who have completed the treatment program to assist in maintaining a healthy lifestyle
For more information, call (850) 431-5924.
Phase II Peer Support
This three-month aftercare program, comprised of past treatment graduates, encourages Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous Twelve-Step support group attendance. Meets Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
Assessments and Consultations
Evaluation for chemical dependency for individuals, employers and concerned others. Our knowledgeable staff will work with family, friends and concerned persons involved in the care and treatment of chemical dependents.
Chemical Dependency Program Staff
Our program brings together a Multidisciplinary team of health professionals who are experienced and dedicated in treating addictions, including alcoholism
and drug dependency
Psychiatry and Psychology
Access to physicians and psychologists with addiction treatment expertise and experience for medication evaluation and psychological testing.
We offer a professionally licensed staff of chemical dependency and mental health counselors.
Co-Occurring Disorders and Chemical Dependency Program
1616 Physicians Drive
Tallahassee , FL 32308