April 23, 1948
In a small room at a former Air Force base known as Dale Mabry Field, five men and one woman officially form Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. The hospital is housed in wooden barracks used by the military during World War II.
November 4, 1949
The new Tallahassee Memorial Hospital opens its doors at the intersection of Magnolia Drive and Miccosukee Road. Total cost: $1.5 million, plus $6,000 for the land.
Tallahassee Memorial garners national recognition for its effective handling of the polio-like virus that strikes the Big Bend.
September 10, 1958
The hospital expands with the addition of a new wing housing an emergency department, a medical floor, and obstetrical and surgical services.
October 19, 1964
M.T. Mustian is appointed administrator of Tallahassee Memorial. His tenure with the hospital lasts 25 years.
Tallahassee Memorial assumes operation of Florida A & M Hospital.
The Family Practice Residency program opens, helping alleviate the hospital's shortage of doctors.
June 30, 1976
TMH becomes Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center, Inc.
In an effort to unify not-for-profit hospitals nationwide, Tallahassee Memorial helps establish Voluntary Hospitals of America.
The TMH Auxiliary provides 40,932 hours. They purchase a heart-lung machine for $24,460 and a portable image intensifier for $43,500.
Duncan Moore, administrator of Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Georgia, accepts the position as president and CEO of Tallahassee Memorial.
TMH launches the area's first Electrophysiology Program as part of the Heart & Vascular Center under the leadership of Marilyn Cox, MD.
With an on-site kindergarten, Tallahassee Memorial becomes one of Florida's newest partnership schools.
Tallahassee Memorial Regional Medical Center becomes Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare.