Your Healthcare Career Starts Here
Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) is a private, not-for-profit community healthcare system committed to transforming care, advancing health and improving lives for a 17-county region across North Florida, South Georgia, and East Alabama. At TMH, our legacy is built and maintained by exceptionally talented, professional and forward-thinking caregivers like you.
Clinical Entry Level Positions
Minimum requirements: High school diploma/GED and 18 years old. No experience required. On the job training and ongoing competency assessments will be required.
Patient Care Assistant
Under direct supervision of a licensed nurse, performs a variety of routine duties involving care of medically ill acute or sub-acute patients; performs direct patient care; observes and reports changes in the behavior. The Nurse Extern functions under the supervision of the Registered Clinical Nurse (RN) and supports the achievement of recognized world-class health care. The Nurse Extern follows all policies, procedures, and requirements of TMH and actively supports a commitment to the mission and vision of TMH, consistently displaying behaviors in harmony with the ICARE values. Responsible for assisting patients with activities of daily living and for maintaining an environment conducive to the patient's safety. **Must be enrolled in nursing school.
Patient Resource Assistant
Provides support to multidisciplinary patient care departments by providing transport services for patients throughout the organization. Assists patients with daily living activities including meals and ambulation. Maintains an environment conducive to patient safety.
Anesthesia Support Technician
The Anesthesia Support Technician is responsible for consulting the operating room schedule to determine supply and equipment needs for procedures and preparing anesthetizing locations for indicated procedures to include setting up and calibrating monitoring devices. Anesthesia Support Technicians are present within the operating room to troubleshoot anesthesia equipment malfunctions and to route non-functional equipment to the proper department for repair. They also maintain immediate availability of anesthesia equipment and supplies to assist in routine and emergency procedures. It is the responsibility of the Anesthesia Support Technician to clean all anesthesia equipment according to schedules and as needed. Professionalism and composure in high stress situations must be maintained at all times.
Surgical Support Technician
Provides clinical assistance to Operating Room (OR) staff members and physicians. Performs duties (as assigned) that drive ORs’ efficiency. Oversees the room turnover process. Ensures accurate supplies and instruments are available in the surgical case cart. Coordinates supply and instrument storage within the Hanel system. Ensures that infection control processes are followed and maintained for areas of responsibility. Ensures that sterile protocol is maintained at all times. Keeps area clean. Knowledgeable of the equipment and soft goods utilized during surgical procedures. Daily activities include assisting circulator with the preparation of the OR, gathering essential equipment for surgery, positioning patients, opening sterile supplies, donning sterile gloves for assistance with prepping and gowning and gloving for holding the heart in cardiac surgery.
Sterile Supply Technician
Responsible for decontaminating, cleaning, inspecting, and processing reusable Operating Room (OR) supplies. Contributes to a safe and sterile environment for patients.
Continuous surveillance of EKG on multiple central station monitors. Monitors heart rhythms of patients in special care units using telemetry equipment. Reports any changes in EKG rate or rhythm monitoring to clinical nurse.
Performs phlebotomy on all age and acuity levels using established procedures and safety devices; ensure accurate specimen identification and integrity; responsible for assuring that all aliquoting and separation is done with precision and accuracy on a timely basis; must have an understanding of specimen requirements and be able to determine appropriateness of specimens received; responsible for reporting of patient results to the appropriate client by charting, telephone, fax, modem or computer; responsible for assuring accurate input of patient demographics and insurance information. Responsible for collection of blood specimens at outreach locations. Assures that phlebotomy and transport of specimens is performed in a timely manner. Serves as a communication interface between outside clients and the TMH Laboratory.
Psych Center Specialty Technician
Functions under the supervision of a Registered Nurse at the Behavioral Health Center. Responsible for assisting patients with activities of daily living and carrying through with delegated portions of the unit program and for maintaining an environment conducive to the patient’s safety.
Functions under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsible for assisting the MD and RN with all endoscopy procedures and for maintaining an environment conducive to the patient's safety. Assists in admitting and discharge of outpatients, including interviewing and documenting on chart. Repositions patients on stretcher and transports patients. Handles and cleans endoscopy scopes and equipment.
Completes all types of electrocardiograms in all areas of the hospital. Responds to CRTs and performs EKGs as needed. Performs clerical tasks relating to tasks performed by the Cardiovascular Labs, (scheduling, processing reports, recording pertinent information into logs). Maintains equipment and keep updated. Maintains super user status for Pyramis and Vision Premier.
Clinical Mid-Level Positions
Minimum requirements: High school diploma/GED and 18 years old. Some training/schooling/experience required. On the job training and ongoing competency assessments will be required.
Home Health Care Aide
Provides personal care in patients’ home when there is a need for help to an ill or disabled individual. Assists patient to maintain a safe and clean environment, as well as to become independent with activities of daily living.
- Minimum Requirements: 1 year in a medical facility, State of Florida Class “E” Driver’s License and completion of a 75-hour home health aide training course or Current Florida certification/licensure as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN) AND completion of a 40 hour home health aide training course.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, Supervisor, and/or Director of Pharmacy Services, performs a variety of technical and clerical duties for the hospital-wide unit dose drug distribution system. Responsible to maintain confidential reports, enter and retrieve data utilizing the computer system, fill automated medication dispensing systems with a supply of unit dose medications, procure, and fill requests for pharmaceutical supplies and deliver supplies to patient care areas.
- Minimum Requirements: Completion of a Florida Board of Pharmacy approved Pharmacy Technician training program. No previous experience required. Preferred: 6 to 12 months of pharmacy experience.
Radiology Tech Aide
Works under the direction of the CT Radiologic Technologist and/or physician in order to maximize patient satisfaction, comfort, and care. Assists the CT Radiologic Technologist with the completion of exams, assists in patient care, stocking of supplies, processing films, and assisting with paperwork.
- Minimum Requirements: 1 year of Rad Tech Aide experience clinical/medical experience and/or current Radiography student. Preferred: 2+ years’ experience in a clinical setting
The Radiologic Technologist performs radiographic procedures, following proper protocol. Assists physician and staff in performing radiological procedures and examinations.
- Minimum Requirements: Vocational/Technical School Degree. Certified Radiologic Technologist in the State of Florida and with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). No Previous Experience is Required. Preferred: 2+ year performing radiographic procedures, knowledge of radiologic safety procedures and standards.
Emergency Care Technician
Assists nurses, physicians, and mid-level practitioners in the safe delivery of patient care in the Emergency Department. Assists in coordination of patient care with other departments. Assists in the maintenance of a well-stocked, non-expired supplies/equipment, and clean Emergency Department.
- Minimum Requirements: Six (6) months patient care experience as a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). No experience required for Nursing Students who have completed their 1st semester of clinical rotations; or Florida Licensed Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
Certified Nursing Assistant
Under the direction of an RN or LPN, performs a variety of routine duties involving care of medically ill acute or subacute residents; performs direct resident care; observes and reports changes in the behavior and physical status of residents; provides a clean and safe environment; and performs other related duties.
- Minimum Requirements: Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN) credential. One (1) year of job-related experience preferred.
Provides direct patient care by doing lab work and venipuncture, readying patients for exams, assisting providers with exams and procedures, administering injections and treatments as ordered. Assists in other functions of the medical group practice as needed.
- Minimum Requirements: Medical Assistant Certification
Mental Health Associate
Acts as a supportive member of the team who performs delegated tasks within the scope of education and training in the areas of supportive listening, educational group leadership and specifically assigned patient care tasks, especially in the areas of physical intervention, safety, and maintenance of therapeutic milieu.
- Minimum Requirements: Four (4) years inpatient/acute care Mental Health direct care experience; None required for those possessing a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human Behavior or a related field.
Transfer Center Specialist
It is the primary purpose of the EC Transfer Center Specialist to facilitate and document communication, acceptance, and/or denial of patients seeking admission or transfer into TMH. The EC Transfer Center Specialist function includes facilitating communication between TMH Private Physicians, TMH Emergency Center, and transferring physicians and facilities. This position also assists the Bed Management Team and the Nursing Administrative Supervisor in managing direct admits, transfers into the hospital, and emergency admissions. Other responsibilities include: Managing the dispatch function of the TMH EMS to ensure timely response to calls, effectively utilizing EMS to manage discharges from TMH, and monitoring helistop for security, safety, and air traffic control.
- Minimum Requirements: Two (2) years related healthcare experience; Preferred: Three (3) or more years related healthcare experience and/or EMT Certification or current Licensure as Paramedic in the State of Florida.
Assists in diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular, peripheral vascular and electrophysiology procedures. Provides the highest quality of patient care and safety during the patient stay in the Electrophysiology Lab. Implements the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the hospital, nursing services and Electrophysiology Labs.
- Minimum Requirements: ARRT Certification, CVT Certification RCIS Certification or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Technology or Radiologic Technology program. Preferred One (1) year of job-related experience.
Clinical Advanced Careers
The Registered Clinical Nurse (RN) is fundamental in achieving recognized world-class health care. Assumes direct and indirect responsibility for the patient's care environment. The primary responsibility is providing care through collaboration with health care team members and the autonomous application of the nursing process. Also provides leadership, mentoring and role modeling for other members of the health care team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordination and delegation of care in a safe, secure and clean environment. Care provided displays respect for the patient’s rights, dignity, values, confidentiality and expressed needs. Adaptable, using evidenced based practice and information technologies while maintaining focus on providing comfort, relieving pain and alleviating anxiety.
Medical Lab Technologist
Performs a full range of waived, moderate, and high complexity testing and reports results in the Laboratory. Confirms the accuracy and precision of test results and report laboratory findings to the pathologist and other physicians on a timely basis. Must have complete understanding of testing procedures and the theoretical knowledge to be able to interpret results and to troubleshoot problems encountered during testing.
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Biology or Chemistry. State of Florida Technologist License in Microbiology; State of Florida Technician or Technologist License in Serology, Clinical Chemistry, and Hematology
Works under the general supervision of the Medical Director to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. Duties include polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services, scoring, patient care, and education.
- Minimum Requirements: Completion of an accredited polysomnography program or respiratory therapy program of no less than one (1) year in duration associated with a state licensed and/or nationally accredited educational facility. One (1) year of experience as a polysomnographic technician.
- Required Certification/License/Registry: Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential from the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT), Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) credential from the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM), or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential with Sleep Disorder Specialist (RRT-SDS) designation from the National Board of
To administer general respiratory care modalities in all areas. To perform general pulmonary function testing and HAST testing in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Assesses patient respiratory status. Delivers ordered respiratory treatments and therapies. Provides patient education. Ensures procedures, orders, assessments, therapies are documented.
- Minimum Requirements: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program. Licensed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with the State of Florida Department of Health.
Delivers safe and competent physical therapy as ordered by a physician. Plans, organizes and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team. Supervises work of support personnel.
- Minimum Requirements: Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree (or equivalent) from a Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)-accredited educational program. Master’s degree (or equivalent) in physical therapy from a CAPTE-accredited educational program conferred prior to 2019 and bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in physical therapy from a CAPTE accredited educational program conferred prior to 2000 may be accepted. Current Florida Physical Therapist license.
Delivers safe and competent occupational therapy as ordered by a physician. Plans, organizes and implements specific treatment programs or individuals’ patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team. Supervises work of support personnel.
- Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in occupational therapy from an Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) -accredited educational program. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in occupational therapy from an ACOTE-accredited educational program conferred prior to 2007 may be accepted. Current Florida Occupational Therapist license.
Delivers safe and competent Speech Therapy as ordered by a physician. Plans, organizes and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of Speech therapy. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team. Supervises work of support personnel.
- Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in communicative disorder/speech-language pathology from an American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)-accredited educational program. Current Florida Speech Therapist license.
Performs Minimum Data Set (MDS), case management, utilization review, quality assurance (QA), and discharge planning duties. Conducts federally mandated patient assessments based on Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, including appropriate care planning, interdisciplinary communication, and Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) documentation preparation. Promotes wellness. Responsible for collecting integral data and compiling/transmitting data to CMS. Determine patients’ needs based upon illness, diagnosis, prognosis, and social support systems. Contacts appropriate agencies to coordinate patient discharges into the community or long-term care settings. Ensures facility compliance with applicable state and federal regulation. Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Minimum Requirements: Associate degree in nursing. One (1) year of relevant work experience. RN license. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Two (2) or more years of relevant work experience. Minimal Data Set (MDS) certification or ability to obtain certification within one (1) year of employment.
Assists surgeon by passing sterile articles, retracting tissue, counting and handling of surgical specimens; remains alert to and safeguards against patient injury from electrical/mechanical hazards while guarding asepsis. Responsible for maintaining sterile field during set-up of surgical cases through procedure.
- Minimum Requirements: Graduation from a formal accredited surgical technician training program. Certified Surgical Tech Certification. Preferred: Two years surgical technician experience.
Back To Top