Medical Records

How do I request a copy of my medical records?

To request a copy of your medical records from TMH, you will need to submit a written request to our Medical Records Department. You may use our standard authorization form or write a letter. You may mail, fax or deliver the written request to us (see contact information below). 

Florida law requires that we obtain written authorization from the patient (if 18 or over) or legal representative (custodial parent of a minor, Power of Attorney, court-appointment guardian, etc.). 

The personal representative of an estate or surviving spouse must authorize the release of a deceased patient’s medical records. A copy of the “Order Appointing Personal Representative” or a copy of the death certificate should accompany this authorization. If there is no surviving spouse or Personal Representative, the next of kin may provide a notarized Affidavit of Next of Kin form. 

The Medical Records Department is located on the ground floor of the main hospital near the Magnolia Lobby. 

Mailing Address:

Medical Records Department
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
1300 Miccosukee Road
Tallahassee, FL 32308

Hours of Operation:

Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone: 850-431-5454
Fax: 850-431-4447

How long are my medical records kept by TMH Medical Records?

In keeping with Florida law TMH retains medical records for a minimum of seven years; however some departments may keep them longer. 

How do I submit an amendment to my medical record?

You have the right to request that corrections or amendments be made to your medical records if you believe the information is incomplete or incorrect. You may download our Request for Amendment/Correction of Health Information form and submit it to our Privacy Officer:

Mailing Address:

Privacy Officer
Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare, Inc.
1300 Miccosukee Road
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: 850-431-5339

How do I request a copy of my radiology studies (X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, etc.)?

You may request copies of your radiology studies from Medical Records. Please see the contact information above. 

How do I request a birth certificate? 

You can request a birth certificate by contacting the Leon County Health Department, Office of Vital Statistics at 850-606-8100 or the State Office of Vital Statistics at 877-550-7330. 

Office of Vital Statistics

How do I request a copy of my hospital bills?

You may request copies of your hospital bills directly from our Patient Financial Services Department. Please contact this department at 850-431-6200.