Incorporating activity into your day can be challenging. Depending on the season of life you are in, it can be almost impossible with work, extracurricular activities and perhaps children. But, making exercise a priority and committing the time necessary is the first step towards being active.
Strive to do something every day. Learn how to incorporate exercise into daily activities. Set goals. Do you want to participate in a 5K, a marathon or do you simply want to be able to walk around your neighborhood without becoming short of breath?
Incorporating activity into your day can be challenging. But, we can help! Get some great tips and information from our experts.
Read More >
Premier Health & Fitness Center is committed to providing unmatched service, innovative fitness programs and wellness treatments
Read More >
Being active can be as simple as putting one foot in front of the other for a nightly walk with a loved one - it all starts with the first step!
Here are some tips to help you Be Active:
- If you are unable to exercise for thirty minutes at one time, take three ten-minute walks a day.
- Warm up before you exercise and stretch afterwards.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Stop circling for the closest parking spot - get some extra steps in by parking far away from the entrance.
- Don't waste your time in the elevator, take the stairs. You could even climb some flights during your lunch break for extra steps.
- Watching TV? Try doing a simple exercise during commercials. Maybe some crunches, sit ups or a plank.
- Sitting at a desk all day can be dull. While sitting, try lifting your legs for 30 seconds at a time and feel the burn in your abs.
- Throughout the work day, take breaks to stand and stretch your legs.
- Find a free wall in your office and practice a wall sit - simply rest your back on the wall in a seated position and hold. Try for one minute.
Although the prospect of a zombie apocalypse is somewhat terrifying, this app uses it as motivation to keep running. In this audio app, runners are in a game trying to rebuild civilization during a zombie invasion and receive commands through their headphones to collect supplies and outrun zombies. Good for use outside or on the treadmill, it can make the mundane task of running exciting again. The app also records your distance, time, pace and calories burned during each mission of the game.
This app allows people to track their every day activities such as running, yoga and hiking, set goals and compete with their friends. Nike+ also shares training tips from coaches.
Counting calories, carbs, sugar and overall nutrition? Well, this is the app for you. Users are able to track their food intake using a simple daily diary. Tracking weight is easy using the progress guide. The app also features a blog of healthy recipes and easy workouts.
This app allows users to track their exercise using a GPS map. With a coach to cheer you on, tracking your daily exercise has never been easier.