Budweiser, Tri-Eagle Sales and Hearth & Soul have donated $10,000 to the Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) Foundation to support healthcare providers and patients during COVID-19.
Local Anheuser-Busch wholesaler Tri-Eagle Sales and Hearth & Soul, a local gathering place and retail shop, partnered to encourage community members to share how they are staying happy at home during social distancing. They asked community members to submit videos to raise funds to support healthcare providers and patients. For every video submission, Budweiser, Tri-Eagle Sales, and Hearth & Soul donated $100, totaling $10,000. Video submissions included community members teaching their young children how to cook, creating fun family games and spending time with their pets.
“This program allowed our community to support one another by offering words of encouragement while giving back to our healthcare heroes in these challenging times,” said Tripp Transou, owner/CEO of Tri-Eagle Sales. “We are thrilled to see the response from the community and are proud to make this donation to support our healthcare providers.”
Thanks to generous donors like Tri-Eagle Sales and Hearth & Soul, funds have been available to:
- Help support the walk-up testing site on the campus of Florida A&M University and TMH’s Northwood Centre Sample Collection Site.
- Purchase more than 50 telemedicine units to give patients access to excellent healthcare remotely.
- Establish a new unit dedicated to treating patients with COVID-19.
- Purchase 5,000 cloth face masks for TMH nonclinical staff and hospital visitors.
- Purchase a Surfacide® UV-C cleaning system for the Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center.
Generous community support is helping to provide the best possible care when patients need it most, said Nigel Allen, president and chief advancement officer of the TMH Foundation.
“We are so thankful for Tri-Eagle Sales and Hearth & Soul’s generous donation and for everyone who’s supporting COVID-19 relief efforts at TMH,” Allen said. “This was a creative way to generate financial support, while spreading happiness throughout our community. We loved it and are grateful to everyone who participated.”
Learn more about contributing to the TMH COVID-19 Emergency Fund here.