As a new program, our General Surgery Residency Program will build to a complement of 12 residents (two categorical residents in each year of training PGY 1-5, plus two PGY 1 preliminary residents). It is a categorical five-year General Surgery Residency Training Program leading to certification by the American Board of Surgery.
The program provides basic surgical training to residents in all areas of general surgery including breast, abdomen, head and neck, alimentary tract, endocrine, vascular system, and critical care. Experience is also provided in otolaryngology, pediatric surgery, thoracic surgery, plastic surgery and transplant.
Residents in the General Surgery Program are encouraged to pursue research and scholarly endeavors. The program provides its residents with the resources, time and logistical support to be successful in this area. For those residents who have a strong interest in research, the faculty will assist the resident to identify and select an appropriate research topic that is aligned with career plans and/or fellowship education.
Learn more about the program
Schedule an Appointment
Contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment using TMH Carelink. You'll get a quick sign-up link once you schedule your appointment.
- Easy to Use
- No Waiting
- Private & Secure
- HIPPA Compliant
- Professional & Exceptional Care
- Accepted by Many Insurance Providers
What Patients Are Saying
“It was a really cool experience. It was remarkably simple and in a lot of ways I felt more comfortable, rather than sitting in the doctor’s office getting nervous. It felt a lot more conversational.”
“Meeting my doctor in this way was a blessing. It absolutely brought my doctor into my home, which is my comfort zone, instead of going to them."
What to Expect
If you’re new to TMH Carelink or this is your first-time using telemedicine, here are a few tips to consider before your first virtual visit.
- Check that you have the right equipment. To be able to connect using video and audio requires the use of a smartphone, tablet or computer connected to the internet. You’ll need to download the VidyoConnect app using the Apple App or Google Play Store to connect with your physician. A link will be sent to you just before your scheduled appointment time. If you are using a laptop or computer, you will be directed to the VidyoConnect website. Simply click this link and follow the instructions to join the telemedicine session with your provider. Be sure you’re powered up and ready to go at the time of your appointment. If you experience any challenges joining the virtual visit, contact your physician’s office.
- Sit in a quiet, comfortable, well-lit place. Do your best to find a quiet, comfortable location with few distractions and as little noise as possible. This with help you and your physician interact in a way that’s comfortable and best suited to your needs.
- Prepare as you would for any appointment. Organize your thoughts, jot down some notes and questions or list any symptoms you want to discuss.
Find more information about what to expect here.