A Woman's Place
At Tallahassee Memorial, our healthcare commitment goes beyond treating illnesses and injuries to include overall wellness. Through facilities like A Woman’s Place, we offer services designed to support our patients. Our certified staff offer personalized service in our Mommy Market and Breast Prosthesis Boutique. We are also proud to offer health education classes and community support groups.
We offer a range of prenatal classes for expecting families.
Read More >
Have questions? Check out the answers to these frequently asked questions.
Read More >
The Mommy Market is an intimate shop for you to purchase breastfeeding supplies, including breast pumps, pump parts, nursing bras and herbal breastmilk supply supplements -- all at affordable prices with the support of a knowledgeable staff.
Compare Breast Pumps
Breast Prosthesis Boutique
This special shop offers a full line of breast forms, mastectomy bras, camisoles, and skin care products to help with changes after cancer treatment. The team at A Woman’s Place is specially trained, including certified prosthetics fitters, to provide private and personalized services. Learn more
To help you and your family prepare for the arrival of your baby, Tallahassee Memorial offers a variety of classes, including Prepared Childbirth, ABCs of Babies, Prenatal Breastfeeding and Infant and Child CPR. To learn more about each class or to register, please visit our classes and events section.
Milk with Mommy: Breastfeeding Support Group
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Milk with Mommy group meetings are temporarily on hold.
Milk with Mommy is a free breastfeeding support group that meets twice a week and is led by a certified lactation consultant. Milk with Mommy is open to anyone in the community and offers a casual environment for moms and babies to connect with each other. Since measuring how much milk a baby receives can be a challenge when breastfeeding, we provide an infant scale to weigh a baby before and after feeding. This venue also provides a social outlet for moms during their transition after delivery.
Moms and babies are welcome to stop by A Woman’s Place on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10:30 a.m. and noon for the open group. Questions? Call 431-4928.
Often Milk with Mommy hosts special guests to help moms and babies, including:
- A music therapist to demonstrate how music and play can encourage baby’s learning while having fun
- A pediatric physical therapist to review importance of tummy time and strategies to incorporate supervised tummy time into your baby’s daily routine along with some important tips on how to encourage healthy practices for your baby’s physical developmental milestones
- An adult physical therapist to discuss pelvic health, including normal healing and function for moms after delivery
- A registered dietitian to discuss "healthy eating on the go" for new moms and "starting solids" for babies
- A pediatric ARNP to review a variety of topics, like FAQ regarding respiratory cold/flu or vaccinations