Child Life Practicum Application
The Child Life Practicum is intended to introduce the field of Child Life to students interested in pursuing Child Life as a career.
Students will observe the Certified Child Life Specialist in her work with patients, families and the interdisciplinary team. It is highly recommended that students interested in Child Life complete a practicum experience, as many institutions require at least 50 hours of practicum to be eligible for Child Life Internship.
The practicum program will provide 150 hours of clinical observation for each student in the Fall or Spring terms, and typically accepts 1 to 3 students per semester. Students will complete an average of 12 hours per week for a 13-week period. Student schedules are considered, but schedules will need to coordinate with hospital staff schedules. Practicum hours must be completed during the working week; weekend hours are not available.
- Weekly journals
- Take initiative and interact with patients in assigned units under the direction of supervisor
- Keep high standards of professionalism (appearance, punctuality, flexibility, communication, boundaries)
- Must be currently affiliated with Florida State University
- Must be at least a junior with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Volunteer hours are preferred
Practicum Term Application Deadline
- June 5, 2019 (Fall)
- November 8, 2019 (Spring)
The deadline to submit applications for the Spring 2020 semester has passed.
If you have further questions, please contact Olivia Vincent, Practicum Coordinator, at Olivia.Vincent@TMH.ORG.