Bixler Trauma & Emergency Center
Bixler Trauma & Emergency Center is the only Level II Trauma Center in the Big Bend Region. We are North Florida’s only Comprehensive Stroke Center and are designated as a Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) – the highest designation available for heart attack care.
As the only trauma center in the region, we are ready to provide comprehensive, definite care in minutes.
Read More >
When should you go to the emergency room vs. urgent care?
Read More >
Bixler Trauma and Emergency Center is located at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. Take the emergency center entrance off of Medical Drive.
When to go to Bixler Trauma & Emergency Center
- Signs of a stroke (know the signs)
- Chest pain
- Poisoning (first, call the Florida Information Poison Control Center at 800-222-1222)
- A severe or worsening reaction to insect bite or medication
- Profuse bleeding that does not stop after 10 minutes of direct pressure
- Major injuries, including head trauma or amputation
- Severe shortness of breath
- Sudden, severe pain
- Unexplained stupor, drowsiness or disorientation
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Severe or persistent vomiting, dehydration and fainting
- Depression with suicidal or homicidal feelings
Our physicians are board certified in emergency medicine and our staff is specialty trained. We are the only emergency department with physicians’ board certified in pediatric emergency medicine and the only team of physicians and staff certified in trauma care in the region. When looking for the best possible care from the most qualified team, look no further than our emergency center doctors. Meet Our Physicians
Bixler is a 53-bed emergency center, equipped with 4 trauma bays. More than 65,000 people are treated each year by our highly trained staff.
We have a rapid response lab and digital imaging, including a CT scanner and two X-Ray units within the department providing our team with quick access to our patient’s results.