Our Atrial Fibrillation Certification
We are the only hospital in the region to join a handful of organizations across the nation in becoming atrial fibrillation certified. This certification recognizes facilities that have demonstrated high expertise in diagnosing, assessing and treating atrial fibrillation, also known as AFib.
What it Means to be Atrial Fibrillation Certified
Receiving care from a certified atrial fibrillation center means you can be confident your care team has the experience, skillset and technology needed to successfully treat AFib.
To award certification, the Society of Chest Pain Centers verifies expertise and commitment to quality patient care by reviewing a set of stringent criteria and doing a comprehensive review.
Key areas of expertise in the review
- Emergency department integration with emergency medical services
- Emergency department assessment and treatment of patients with AFib
- Risk stratification of AFib patients
- AFib discharge criteria by emergency department, observation services or inpatient stay
- AFib patient education in the emergency department, observation services and inpatient stay
- Personnel competencies and training and process improvement
- Organizational structure and commitment and AFib community outreach
Our Atrial Fibrillation Center met these criteria due to our specialized, protocol-driven approach, improving patient outcomes and increasing community education.
As part of our increased focus on providing quality care for AFib patients, TMH has also opened the region's only AFib clinic dedicated solely to the diagnosis and treatment of the condition. The clinic provides easier access to care for persons who may be struggling with the disorder.