Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation is designed to help people with heart, lung and vascular disease lead healthier, more active lifestyles. With the help of our comprehensive team of exercise physiologists and health experts, patients learn exercises and healthy behaviors that help increase their overall quality of life.
Customized Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs
Most people do not realize the large role exercise, nutrition and other lifestyle changes can have in preventing the progression of heart and lung disease or recovering from a cardiac event.
Patients in our cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program receive a customized 12-week exercise and treatment plan based upon their unique health needs and individual goals, and may include:
- Improving cardiovascular and strength conditioning, flexibility and balance
- Medical management of heart disease
- Controlling body lipids (Total Cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and Triglycerides)
- Medical management of pulmonary disease, including oxygen therapy
- Nutrition and weight loss counseling
- Depression and/or anxiety management
- Smoking cessation or relapse prevention
- Diabetes management
- Breathing retraining
- Energy conservation
- Medication management
Our rehabilitation facility is equipped with state-of-the-art exercise equipment, showers and dressing rooms to help make your rehabilitation process as comfortable as possible.
The cardiopulmonary rehabilitation team is made up of a wide spectrum of experienced health professionals that include:
- Two medical directors – one cardiac and one pulmonary
- Registered dieticians
- Registered nurses specialized in cardiac care
- Respiratory therapists
- Wellness coaches
Frequently Asked Questions
Most insurance policies cover all or most of the cost of the program. Our staff will take your insurance information and verify coverage before you start. You are eligible for the insurance covered program if you have experienced:
- Heart Attack (MI)
- Angina Chest Pain
- Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Stent (PTCA with Stent)
- Valve Replacement or Repair
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Failure (patients with EF of 35% or less)
You will train one-on-one with a staff member and work out about three days per week. During your workouts, you will wear an ECG monitor to monitor your heart beat, and we will monitor your blood pressure and oxygen and blood sugar levels. Most programs last three to twelve weeks.
- Dress in loose fitting clothes or exercise clothes.
- Wear comfortable shoes or exercise shoes.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not drink caffeinated beverages.
- Take all your normal medications.
Each program is unique, because an individual treatment plan and exercise prescription is made for each participant. Your education is also tailored to your stage and readiness to change.
1300 Medical Drive (First Floor)
Tallahassee, FL 32308