To make an appointment or learn more about the mental health services available at TMH, please call 850-431-5100.
TMH has been a trusted community resource for mental health issues for more than 30 years.
Conditions We Treat
Our experienced medical team at the Tallahassee Memorial Behavioral Health Center offers short-term inpatient care to adults, children and adolescents.
We provide inpatient care for
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance Abuse and Dependence
- Co-occurring disorders
We provide a safe, structured and secure environment with 24-hour nursing care.
Individualized Treatment Plans
Our mental health team evaluates each patient and develops an individualized treatment plan. We draw from a variety of specialties and services to create a plan that is right for each patient and their family:
- Psychiatry and/or psychiatric nursing
- Detoxification from an abused substance
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Recreation, music and expressive therapy
- Family support and educational services
- Discharge/aftercare planning
Outpatient Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment
We provide outpatient care for
Employee Assistance Program
TMH also offers an Employee Assistance Program to our colleagues and other organizations in the region.
Individualized Outpatient Treatment Plans
Our expert team creates unique treatment plans for patients based on their unique needs.
The treatment plan may include
- Counseling for mental health, relationships and/or substance abuse
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Pain management
- Support groups
- Psychiatric medication management
Mental Health Resources in Leon County and Surrounding Areas
Frequently Asked Questions
Unpacking Mental Illness: Major Depression
Unpacking Mental Illness: Bipolar Disorder
Unpacking Mental Illness: Schizophrenia
Why is Mental Health Important?
What Are the Most Common Mental Health Conditions?
When Should I Seek Care for Myself or a Loved One?
Schedule an Appointment
Contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment using TMH Carelink. You'll get a quick sign-up link once you schedule your appointment.
- Easy to Use
- No Waiting
- Private & Secure
- HIPPA Compliant
- Professional & Exceptional Care
- Accepted by Many Insurance Providers
What Patients Are Saying
“It was a really cool experience. It was remarkably simple and in a lot of ways I felt more comfortable, rather than sitting in the doctor’s office getting nervous. It felt a lot more conversational.”
“Meeting my doctor in this way was a blessing. It absolutely brought my doctor into my home, which is my comfort zone, instead of going to them."
What to Expect
If you’re new to TMH Carelink or this is your first-time using telemedicine, here are a few tips to consider before your first virtual visit.
- Check that you have the right equipment. To be able to connect using video and audio requires the use of a smartphone, tablet or computer connected to the internet. You’ll need to download the VidyoConnect app using the Apple App or Google Play Store to connect with your physician. A link will be sent to you just before your scheduled appointment time. If you are using a laptop or computer, you will be directed to the VidyoConnect website. Simply click this link and follow the instructions to join the telemedicine session with your provider. Be sure you’re powered up and ready to go at the time of your appointment. If you experience any challenges joining the virtual visit, contact your physician’s office.
- Sit in a quiet, comfortable, well-lit place. Do your best to find a quiet, comfortable location with few distractions and as little noise as possible. This with help you and your physician interact in a way that’s comfortable and best suited to your needs.
- Prepare as you would for any appointment. Organize your thoughts, jot down some notes and questions or list any symptoms you want to discuss.
Find more information about what to expect here.