The Pharmacy Department Overview
The Pharmacy Department operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week with approximately 60 employees. The entire team works together to assure patients receive the highest quality of pharmaceutical care possible.
The primary mission of the department is to strive to provide pharmaceutical care that merits the confidence of those we serve. The Pharmacy Department enters over 1,500 orders per day, dispenses over 10,000 doses of medications per day and maintains a $1 million drug inventory.
- IV admixture: hyperalimentation, chemotherapy, neonatal/pediatric doses
- Order Entry via PharmNet
- Centralized and decentralized services
- Training of new pharmacists, technicians, and students
- Clinical consults
- Pharmacokinetic consults
- Anticoagulation monitoring
- Drug interaction monitoring
- Renal dosing
- Multidisciplinary rounds
- Formulary management