Tallahassee Memorial offers the most comprehensive umbrella of services geared towards seniors in the Big Bend Region. We offer everything from cardiac treatment options for patients too high-risk for surgery, to a wide spectrum of joint replacement options and specialty centers designed to treat memory and sleep disorders. Explore the areas below.
- Senior-Centric Emergency Care: Amenities such as non-slip flooring, in-room light dimmers, luxury mattresses with pressure redistribution technology and built-in scales and a staff trained in geriatric care makes the Emergency Center – Northeast an ideal location for seniors to receive quality emergency care.
- Skilled Nursing Available at Home: Tallahassee Memorial Home Health provides a wide variety of in-home services that can help seniors safely transition from a hospital stay back to their homes. Each in-home care plan is customized to meet a patient’s unique needs.
- Advanced Stroke, Memory & Sleep Care: The Tallahassee Memorial NeuroScience Center offers diagnostic and treatment options for many neurological conditions that commonly affect seniors as they age, such as strokes, memory disorders and sleep disorders.
- Our Adult Day Services: Tallahassee Memorial Adult Day Services offers supervised, daytime care for seniors in a home-like environment. Clients receive nutritious snacks and meals and access to a variety of activities, including music, arts and crafts, exercise, cooking and more!
- Comprehensive Joint Care: The Tallahassee Memorial Orthopedic Center offers joint repair and replacement options for every part of the body, as well as a free class on preparing for joint replacements and a fragility fracture prevention program.
- Our Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center: Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation is a great option for seniors who experience a cardiac event or suffer from lung disorders such as COPD and want to increase their quality of life. Our team of exercise physiologists and respiratory therapists will help you get active, so you can enjoy life.
- Specialized Heart Care: Access to the best cardiac care available is extremely important as you age. We have the largest, most experienced team of board-certified cardiologists in the region and provide minimally invasive treatment options for patients who are too old or sick for open-heart surgery.
- Quality Primary Care Services: Our Internal Medicine Residency Program is a great option for seniors in need of a primary care physician that specializes in caring for adults. One-hour appointments allow for more time to properly evaluate, diagnose and treat patients who would benefit from additional medical attention.
- Premier Health & Fitness: Physical activity is important to both your physical and cognitive health. Premier Health & Fitness offers classes and clubs to keep you fit and active at any age. Our staff is also trained to recognize medical emergencies such as heart attack and stroke.