We offer a wide range of testing services to screen for fetal abnormalities, as well as fetal therapy for fetuses requiring special care to manage the health of mom and baby.
Our level of involvement varies from case to case, from intensive oversight to consultative guidance. We work closely with our patients and are here to help achieve the best possible pregnancy outcome. Our goal is to involve the appropriate specialists, prevent complications, and provide the highest level of care for mothers and newborns who need special attention and support.
We pride ourselves on our efforts to provide our patients with the latest medical advances and are the only office in the region certified to perform early pregnancy screening for Down Syndrome, as early as 11 - 12 weeks gestational age. Recent advances in prenatal genetic testing allow us to test fetal DNA in a blood sample from the mother. This test can identify over 99% of babies with Down Syndrome as well as several other genetic abnormalities without the need for more invasive tests that have risks for pregnancy loss.
Pregnant women with the following conditions may need additional maternal fetal medicine testing:
- Pre-existing maternal diseases (i.e., diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease)
- Toxemia (high blood pressure of pregnancy)
- Abnormal amniotic fluid amounts
- Abnormal fetal growth
- Pre-term labor
- Suspected or family history of genetic disorders
- Multiple pregnancy (twins or more)
- Pregnancy after age 35
- Perinatal/preconception consultation
- Fetal echocardiography
- Ultrasound assessment of the cervix
- Genetic services
- Amniocentesis/Chorionic Villus Sampling
- First trimester screening
- Genetic counseling
- Only Board Certified MFM Geneticist in North Florida and South Georgia/Only Board Certified Reproductive Geneticist in North Florida