At the Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center, we remain committed to caring for you in a safe and healthy environment. As the coronavirus, or COVID-19, pandemic has evolved, so have our processes, procedures and recommendations. We appreciate your understanding as these new changes take effect to help protect you, our colleagues and our community.
Find out how we're keeping you safe at TMH.
Read More >
Find answers to common questions about COVID-19 and TMH.
Read More >
Frequently Asked Questions
Are appointments still in-person?
- New or existing critical patient appointments will be conducted in person. Please be in contact with your provider surrounding any questions with your specific care. Upon arrival at the Cancer Center, you will be required to check-in at the registration desk located on the first floor.
- All non-critical and routine follow-up visits will be conducted through telemedicine or rescheduled for a later date.
I am a current patient of the Cancer Center, is it safe to come for my treatments?
Yes, for those who have infusion (chemotherapy) or radiation appointments, please keep your appointment unless your care team contacts you to reschedule. We are working diligently to ensure that there are no disruptions in your treatment plans.
Are visitors allowed at the Cancer Center?
For the safety of patients, colleagues and visitors, no visitors
will be permitted in the building for any patient, except as follows:
- Patients with disabilities, impairments or other extenuating circumstances may be permitted one visitor on a case-by-case basis.
- Patients requiring assistance with walking after a surgical or other procedure – one visitor per patient is permitted.
- Patients arriving for first consultation meetings, post diagnosis.
Note: Permitted visitors must undergo a mandatory health screening and travel history upon entering the Cancer Center. Visitors who do not pass this screening will not be allowed entry.
What additional precautions are being taken at the Cancer Center?
- You will be called in advance of your appointments to answer a brief health questionnaire over the phone.
- We have also increased the cleaning and sterilization of our exam rooms, blood pressure cuffs and pulse oximeters.