Construction at Tallahassee Memorial
As we constantly continue to improve our campus, we’re excited to share the upcoming construction projects at Tallahassee Memorial. Please see below for updates on all our construction projects.
M.T. Mustian Center Update - February 2018
- Skin installation continues
- Roof on ICU section of building nearly dried-in
- Sitework activities continue
- Drywall hanging progressing throughout building, and is nearly complete in several areas
- Ceiling grid installation continuing
- Booms / lights will be installed on one OR for AHCA inspection
- Tile installation has begun in bathrooms
M.T. Mustian Center Update - January 2018
- Installation of framing / sheathing / windows are near completion.
- Exterior finishing work continues.
- Elevator installation underway.
- Drywall installation continues throughout building, with some areas being primed / painted.
- Ceiling work underway (including hard ceilings in ORs and ceiling tiles elsewhere).
M.T. Mustian Center Update - October 2017
- Framing (metal studs) and in-wall rough ins (electrical receptacles, etc.) continue throughout the building
- Elevator installation beginning
- Loading dock slabs placed
- Sheathing continues
- Grading for bridge garden complete
M.T. Mustian Center Update - August 2017
Surgery Center: Interior framing and drywall installation continues.
ICU: Steel continues, and will be completed soon; interior framing is also underway.
Basement: Concrete slabs are being poured.
Exterior: Waterproofing and sheathing continue.
M.T. Mustian Center Update - July 2017
Window installation is underway. ICU steel nearing completion; floor decking continues. Surgery interior construction continues, with drywall beginning soon. New helipad nearly complete (separate project); will serve as primary location.
M.T. Mustian Center Update - June 2017
Steel placement for the ICU continues. Roofing installation is underway over the surgery unit. Exterior sheathing continues in preparation for window installation.
M.T. Mustian Center Update - May 2017
Interior wall framing for the surgery center continues. Work continues with above-ceiling construction (ductwork, electrical and network conduits, etc.). The steel beam placement is continuing for the ICU area.
Magnolia Lobby Entrance Construction
As we continue to improve our campus, we’re excited to share the next phase of renovation at Tallahassee Memorial will be the Magnolia Lobby entrance of the hospital. Construction begins on Monday, May 15 and will take six months to complete.
The Magnolia Lobby entry and parking lot entrance, off of Miccosukee Road, will be closed during this time. Parking for the Internal Medicine Residency Program and drop off for the Professional Office Buildings can still be accessed through Centerville Road (near Seventh Avenue).
We will continue to share progress and updates over the next few months.
M.T. Mustian Center Update - April 2017
- Steel and slab placement (concrete) continue
- Exterior wall framing and interior layout on ground floor in process
M.T. Mustian Center Update - March 2017
- Foundation walls complete
- Completing remaining pile caps
- Steel placement continues (basement and surgery floors)
- Concrete placement underway
M.T. Mustian Center Update - February 2017
Structural steel work continues for the basement and two story floors; ICU tower will follow.
In the News: M.T. Mustian Center to Be Transformative Building
The construction for the M.T. Mustian Center was recently featured on the ConstructionEquipmentGuide.com website:
"Designed to serve the community for decades to come, the $250 million M.T. Mustian Center is under construction in Tallahassee, Fla. The five-story, 340,000 sq. ft. (31,587 sq m) addition will be located at the southeast corner of the Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) campus, near the corner of Miccosukee Road and Medical Drive.
From start of construction, the project is estimated to take 30 months to complete. Crews are still early in the process. Over the next six months, workers will complete excavation, deep foundations, structural steel and the placement of floor slabs."
Read more at ConstructionEquipmentGuide.com.
M.T. Mustian Center Update - December 2016
Construction on the M.T. Mustian Center continues. The basement retaining wall construction is nearly complete. The elevator pits are dug and crews are continuing to work on the augercast pile placement.
Groundbreaking for the M.T. Mustian Center
Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare broke ground on the new adult ICU and surgery expansion - the M.T. Mustian Center. Check out some amazing stories and what to expect in the new facility.
Site Plan Application filed with City of Tallahassee
2/11/2016 - This morning Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare representatives filed a series of drawings that constitute (with other supporting documents) the formal Site Plan Application for the M. T. Mustian Center. TMH representatives will meet with City officials next Thursday for the first official review of the project.
Notice: Changes to the Future Land Use Map Designation
The Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Department has requested changes to the Future Land Use Map designation for certain parcels near Tallahassee Memorial Hospital in order to conform the map with existing uses of the properties, the ownership of the properties and existing zoning.
View the Changes