The Emergency Center - Northeast is designed to provide the greatest level of comfort and care to patients of all ages. We also designed the facility to care not only for our patients, but for the environment as well. With many environmentally sustainable design elements, the center is the first freestanding emergency center in Florida to meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification standards for green design and construction.
The Emergency Center - Northeast is also home to the Tallahassee Memorial Children's Emergency Center, the areas only emergency center with board certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians available 24/7.
Our state of the art emergency center is equipped with some of the most advanced technology available to provide the highest level of care for our community. We make receiving quality care quick and convenient for our patients by offering a wide range of services, such as:
- Dedicated lab and radiology suite
- On-site pharmacy department
- Two technologically advanced resuscitation rooms
We also offer special amenities for our children and senior patients:
- Separate entrances for children and adults
- Lobby designed for the comfort of each age group
- Sick Kids Room to provide a restful space for children with contagious conditions
- Non-slip flooring and an open floor plan making it easier to navigate
- Luxury mattresses on beds and stretchers with pressure redistribution technology and built-in scales
If one of our patients needs to be admitted to the hospital, the ER-NE also provides transportation to the main campus at no cost to the patient.
Like Bixler, our team of physicians is board certified in emergency medicine and contains the only board certified pediatric emergency medicine physician in the area. We are working around the clock to care for your family’s entire emergency medical needs.
Because of the unique medical and emotional needs of those populations, the members of the medical team at the Emergency Center – Northeast have received additional training in administering emergency care for both populations.
We have the highest certification for emergency nursing staff – focusing on the pediatric and geriatric population – with paramedic and RN patient teams for more individualized care.