These services, provided by nurses, physical, speech and occupational therapists, home health aides and medical social workers, ensure patients receive quality home care just as comprehensive as what is available at the hospital. Home health care helps patients recover, regain their independence, and become as self-sufficient as possible.
- Do not need continuous in-home care, such as in a nursing home or long-term acute care facility
- Need help recovering from or learning to manage a health condition at home
- May have limited mobility or functionality
- May have difficulty leaving their home
Easing the Transition
The best time to look into home health services is upon first admission to the hospital or prior to admission in the case of a scheduled surgery. Physicians will work closely with the home health care provider to customize an interdisciplinary care plan and make arrangements for the necessary services and equipment before they leave the hospital.
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy— therapists help patients regain mobility and function after trauma, surgery or other impairment
- Nutrition planning— nurses manage patients’ diet and nutrition to help establish new eating habits as part of disease management or prevention
- Medication education— registered nurses educate patients, their families and caregiversabout the side effects of prescription medications as well as safe dosing schedules
- Post-operative recovery— wound care, blood pressure, pulse, respiration and IV supervision
- Elder care— treatment and management of chronic medical conditions
Our Commitment to Our Patients
Our patients can expect to be treated with respect, consideration and dignity, with prompt attention to any requests for service. Our patients are participants in decisions involving their treatment, and can always expect the best quality care from skilled professionals.
Home Health Care
Emily Brown, RN, BSN
Administrator of Tallahassee Memorial Home Health Care
1619 Physicians Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Phone: (850) 431-6800
Toll-free: (888) 507-3962
Fax: (850) 431-6855
Schedule an Appointment
Contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment using TMH Carelink. You'll get a quick sign-up link once you schedule your appointment.
- Easy to Use
- No Waiting
- Private & Secure
- HIPPA Compliant
- Professional & Exceptional Care
- Accepted by Many Insurance Providers
What Patients Are Saying
“It was a really cool experience. It was remarkably simple and in a lot of ways I felt more comfortable, rather than sitting in the doctor’s office getting nervous. It felt a lot more conversational.”
“Meeting my doctor in this way was a blessing. It absolutely brought my doctor into my home, which is my comfort zone, instead of going to them."
What to Expect
If you’re new to TMH Carelink or this is your first-time using telemedicine, here are a few tips to consider before your first virtual visit.
- Check that you have the right equipment. To be able to connect using video and audio requires the use of a smartphone, tablet or computer connected to the internet. You’ll need to download the VidyoConnect app using the Apple App or Google Play Store to connect with your physician. A link will be sent to you just before your scheduled appointment time. If you are using a laptop or computer, you will be directed to the VidyoConnect website. Simply click this link and follow the instructions to join the telemedicine session with your provider. Be sure you’re powered up and ready to go at the time of your appointment. If you experience any challenges joining the virtual visit, contact your physician’s office.
- Sit in a quiet, comfortable, well-lit place. Do your best to find a quiet, comfortable location with few distractions and as little noise as possible. This with help you and your physician interact in a way that’s comfortable and best suited to your needs.
- Prepare as you would for any appointment. Organize your thoughts, jot down some notes and questions or list any symptoms you want to discuss.
Find more information about what to expect here.